Calling all Malaysian experts overseas
As Malaysia moves towards a high income economy by 2020, the Economic Transformation Programme (ETP) via its 12 National Key Economic Areas (NKEAs) will require middle to high-level expertise.
Understanding this, the Government of Malaysia aims to facilitate qualified Malaysian experts living and working abroad to return and find success in Malaysia.
What is the Returning Expert Programme?
The Returning Expert Programme is a long-term initiative to overcome the shortage of expertise in the country and create a world-class workforce in Malaysia. It was introduced to facilitate the return of Malaysian professionals who have been working and contributing their knowledge and skills overseas.
It is open to individual applications or applications made by companies as part of their compensation package in engaging Malaysians abroad.
APPLICANTS MUST MEET ALL THE BELOW CRITERIA IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR APPLICATION
- Malaysian citizen and able to contribute significantly to the economy
- Residing and employed abroad continuously for at least 3 years at time of application (it is crucial that application be submitted whilst applicants are still residing and employed abroad)
- Not earned employment income in Malaysia continuously for at least 3 years leading to the time of application
- Does not hold any outstanding scholarship bond/loan with the Malaysian Government or its agencies
- Internal Transfer/Transfer within Same Group of Company
- Under NO OBLIGATION to return to Malaysia
- Is an employee of the FOREIGN ENTITY whilst abroad
- Working experience based on highest qualification
How to Apply
Applications can be made by the individual or by companies as part of their compensation package in engaging Malaysians abroad. There is currently no processing fee charged for applying to the REP. You can apply online here. Click to reveal a guide to help you through the application process.